We’re delighted to announce that we will provide bursaries for up to four students on an MSc in Patient Safety or Quality and Safety in Healthcare course commencing in September 2018.
As part of our work to increase the capability of North West London to commission and deliver safer care for our population, we will fund 50% of the tuition fees for professionals working in healthcare within the region to undertake an MSc programme at a UK university.
Candidates interested in applying for one of the bursaries should:
- Complete the application process at the chosen institution (this is an urgent requirement as institutions have deadlines on receipt of applications)*
- Agree the necessary study leave with their line manager
- Complete the online bursary application
The ICHP bursary award is subject to:
- Candidates securing a place on a programme and
- A bursary shortlisting process which could include an interview
- Staff who have previously benefited from the ICHP MSc bursary are not eligible to apply.
The last deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 31 August 2018.
Please Note: If we receive enough suitable requests we reserve the right to close the process early, so please ensure you get your applications submitted ASAP.
For an informal conversation about applying for the bursary contact firstname.lastname@example.org, ICHP’s Programme Lead for Patient Safety.
Read: Jeni’s Mwebaze, Head of Quality Assurance for Central and North west London NHS foundation Trust
“I finally could add value of a further education to my work, I could get an even better understanding of quality improvement and can help tackle some of the challenges I encounter on a day to day basis.”
*A non-exhaustive selection of links to relevant UK postgraduate programmes:
Imperial College London MSc Patient Safety
Loughborough University MSc Human Factors and Ergonomics for Patient Safety
University of Leicester MSc Quality and Safety in Healthcare
University of Nottingham MSc Quality and Patient Safety Improvement