We can now announce that recruitment for the January 2018 cohort of the Change Academy programme “Delivering Outcome-based Care and Integration”, is now open. This programme is designed to enable improved commissioning in North West London.
It is intended for teams who would like to tackle real issues during their Accountable Care Partnership (ACP), Accountable Care Organisation (ACO), and Multispecialty Community Provider (MCP) trajectory. The programme offers extensive coaching, and spaces in this cohort are limited to just four teams. This programme is free to eligible health systems in North West London and open to wider geographies for a fee.
We want to develop a cohort of managers and clinicians who understand how to develop, implement or adapt accountable care or outcomes based solutions, thus building sustainability.
What’s changed from last year?
Together with the Change Academy, we are always learning to improve the way in which we work. Improvements we have made include:
- Providing a Change Coach for each team between sessions – to help navigate the challenges of the transformation required to deliver new ways of commissioning and providing services
- Limited spaces – We are inviting only four teams (8 members max per team) to ensure each applicant is given maximum one to one mentoring time
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) – The Change Academy has submitted an application to receive CME accreditation for the programme
Teams from the last cohort:
- Fed insight from the program into their own integrated care governing bodies, to shape the way their system will look
- Had an opportunity to spend valuable time together as a team, outside of organisational boundaries.
- Defined and agreed their problem statement, better understood their intended outcomes and worked towards system redesign using logic modelling.
- Gained better awareness of the effect the social care landscape has on integration
How to join the programme
If you would like to take part in the programme, which will be run free of charge for eligible organisations, submit your application form to to Change.Academy@nw.london.nhs.uk by noon on 8 January. Your application will need to be made as a team (5-8 people) with all members named and contact details provided.
Participating in the Change Academy programme will mean you are able to commit to:
- Attending four workshops, with the first starting in January 2018 (Preliminary dates: 30 January, 28 February, 18 April, 16 May)
- Pre-reading and work to aid learning during the workshop
- Completing the agreed team actions between sessions to progress your project with your Change Coach.