We are proud to present our annual review for 2016/17, showcasing our range of achievements from the last year.
The interactive document presents how we work with partners, patients and industry to unleash the power of collaboration, experimentation and innovation in healthcare.
Focusing on how we turn the potential of innovation into reality to help solve our partners’ challenges, the annual review highlights some of our achievements in 2016/17:
- Identified and treated an additional 2,000 patients for Atrial Fibrillation (AF). This is at least 10% of the estimated number of undiagnosed people living with AF in North West London.
- Better management of 163 patients with acquired brain injuries through the implementation of an innovative electronic referral system (Badgernet) as well as a Neuro-Navigators pilot which delivered £300k in savings.
- Supported the launch of the Digital Health.London accelerator programme and 31 SMEs this year. We are now recruiting for cohort 2.
- Supported the sold out TEDxNHS event in August ‘Re:imagining Health’ which was live streamed to 60 sites, spreading great ideas, inspiring new connections and action in the NHS.
- Developed participants from 30 organisations on outcomes based commissioning for population health. This programme was developed in partnership with COBIC and international partners.
- Launched our research navigator tool to help industry and SMEs interact with the North West London research landscape. In the last 6 months over 400 people have used the tool.
Dr Axel Heitmueller, Managing Director said:
“As we continue to strengthen and grow our local and global partnerships across the sector, we look forward to another year of achievement as we work in collaboration to solve the biggest challenges facing the health and healthcare population.”
You can download the interactive review here