We are looking for clinical leaders passionate about doing things differently to join our North West London mission team focused on improving Children and Young People’s Mental Health.
You will work closely with our team at ICHP, the Integrated Care Board (ICB), and partners across North West London (NWL) to help shape and deliver innovation in this space, and we will be there to support you all the way along this exciting journey.
We are currently recruiting two clinical fellows for this mission – one to work on neurodevelopmental pathways, and one to work on CYP in Crisis.
Who we’re looking for:
- A talented, creative and positive clinician interested in innovation to support a more effective, efficient healthcare system
- It is important for us to recruit someone with a keen interest in innovation and we know this can come at any level
- Someone interested in health inequalities and using data to support population health management
- Someone motivated to work collaboratively with people of different backgrounds and sectors
As a clinical fellow, you will be:
- developing and implementing new clinical innovations
- identifying pilots, developing expertise and scaling innovation
- providing clinical expertise, co-designing interventions and innovations, and helping to train other clinicians on how to use new innovations
- working with a NWL mission team to contribute to setting the vision for innovation and the strategic direction of the innovation work
- You want to work for 0.5-1 day per week in an innovation role
- You currently spend some of your time in a patient/client facing role
What experience we’re looking for:
- You are hands-on and you want to get stuck in
- You want to try and do things differently to make a difference to frustrations you have in healthcare delivery.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience in implementing improvements or change
- Are interesting in digital tools and how they can improve care and experience for CYP and their families
- Have collaborated with people from different professional backgrounds or sectors
Your key skills:
- Effective communication skills – to clinicians and integrated care system (ICS) stakeholders
- Presenting in workshops and training sessions to large groups of staff and or providing one-to-one mentorship
- Confidence in using quality improvement methodology, coaching, facilitation, and educational techniques to support best practice implementation, learning and improvements in patient care
What will you get from us:
This role will be paid based on your current clinical experience. For agenda for change (AfC) clinical staff, this role will be paid at an 8a or equivalent (pro rata). Applicants from more senior bands will be paid at your current band pro rata. Doctors at any level will be paid at their rate as advised by the BMA.
We will support you by:
- providing a full induction for all clinical fellows with core modules including an introduction to NWL, leading innovation, and population health management
- involving you in regular community of practice sessions for all clinical innovation fellows, including bespoke innovation related masterclasses, such as human centred design and machine learning in healthcare
- providing line management support and senior sponsorship from the ICB’s mission clinical lead
- offering a £1,000 CPD budget for training and conferences related to their innovation work for each fellow
Further application information:
- In your supporting statement, please describe why you want the role and your hopes of how this could solve problems you face in your role (max 600 words)
- Read our FAQs
- Apply for Clinical Innovation Fellow: Supporting Children and Youth’s Mental Health