Imperial College Health Partners has been shortlisted in two categories of this year’s national HSJ Awards as part of a collaborative involved in transforming heart failure care in North West London (NWL).
A partnership of ICHP, Discover-NOW (the health data research hub hosted at ICHP), Imperial College Healthcare Trust, NWL Integrated Care System, and AstraZeneca, has been shortlisted in the following categories:
- Primary and Community Care Innovation of the Year: for a cross-disciplinary end-to-end pathway redesign of heart failure care in NWL
- Digitising Patient Care: for our work supporting the integration of digital technologies to support patients with heart failure in NWL
This collaborative partnership between the NHS and industry came together in 2020 with an aim to create a more integrated pathway for heart failure care. Outcomes of the project to date, resulting in increased efficiencies, include:
• Increased diagnosis of heart failure within community settings
• Reduced unplanned hospital encounters
• Increased patient convenience and improved outcomes
• Launch of a remote monitoring app for heart failure medicines optimisation
Dr Jonty Heaversedge, Executive Director (Clinical) at ICHP and a GP, said:
“To be shortlisted in two categories at this year’s HSJ Awards is a fantastic achievement for the collaborative team which has been driving this project to transform heart failure care in North West London. It is testament to the value and impact of partnership working, which remains vital to tackling some of the key health and care challenges for our population.”
The HSJ Awards celebrate healthcare excellence in the UK, underpinned by sharing best practice, improving patient outcomes, and driving service innovation. Winners of the 2022 HSJ Awards will be announced in November.