Salary: AfC Band 8b (£63,541 – £72,639 per annum including HCAS)
Job type: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Contract: Fixed term: 24 months (due to short term funding)
Directorate: Information Directorate
Location: Euston, London
Closing date for applications: 20 March 2023
Interview date: 29 March 2023
Main duties of the job
The Head of Real-World Trials will work with partners and clients to establish a real world data clinical trials capability on behalf of the London SN SDE for R&D.
The role of the Head of Real-World Trials is to support this type of complex change by bringing energy, expertise, and empathy to bear in the establishment of a real world trials capability for the London SNSDE, leveraging the existing tools and data assets of Discover-NOW including the NWL Discover dataset, the Northwest London Health Research Register and FARSITE, with a view to scaling the services across London on behalf of the London SN-SDE for R&D.
- Considerable experience working within the research environment and confident and scientifically credible with peers and external community
- Management skills – successful orchestration of teams of clinical, academic, industry and analytics colleagues to focus on a unified goal and deliver a robust product
- Knowledge of health research methods; an understanding of the complexity of health care data across different health care settings; and experience of how to maximise the value of a linked longitudinal data set
- Experience in managing budgets
- Demonstrable experience of working with external groups including universities, pharma and CROs to put in place and monitor mutually beneficial and productive collaborations and relationships
- Ability to build trusted stakeholder relationships and wide support networks in a political context.
- Experience and knowledge in clinical trial recruitment and operations
- Experience in leading and managing middle-grade (Band 6/7) and senior staff (Band 8+) staff
Interviews will take place on 29 March.